Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

RE: I debated a while

Hi Stu,

Excellent points... as usual I might add.

I rather envy your training and vast exposure to gear and systems. On the other hand if I were as good as you are at hearing and identifying defects I'm not sure that I would be able to let it go and just enjoy music. Probably, but there is some concern. I'm sure it's frustrating when someone doesn't provide an adequate description but I'm afraid that some of us, yours truly for instance, just don't have the skills to do so in a meaningful manner.

I think all systems are compromised in various ways, some more than others, and we usually end up picking our poisons. For instance I don't care if my stereo can't play at very high levels as my antique ears have limited dynamic range. On the other hand things resonating stuff, time smears and many treble defects bug me. I can hear and do find the latter annoying even if I can't name them well, but something like harsh or shrill. It seems to me that what they are called doesn't help much in fixing the problem because many defects may (I think) cause similar symptoms.

Now correlated measurements on the other hand... Often very tough to get but if you do the problem is almost in the bag.

Regards, Rick

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I debated a while - rick_m 11:43:49 06/16/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.