Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

It's a con.

If by that you mean that the device probably doesn't have any scientific basis, I am inclined to agree with you. However, what many fail to take into consideration is that the effect of something which operates via the "placebo effect" is every bit as real to the individual as something which operates via a non-psychological mechanism.

Consider the following: Suppose you were not feeling well and went to your physician for a check-up. He or she examines you, diagnoses the problem and presecribes a medication. You take said medication and feel better. At some later date you learn that the medication was in fact a placebo. Do you call your physican and threaten a lawsuit for medical malpractice, or do you thank him or her for having the insight to utilize the placebo effect, thereby providing a side effect-free cure?

What is noteworthy (to me, at least) is that it is those who don't believe in the Intelligent Chip whose panties are in a knot, whereas those who hear sonic benefits froms its use are happy as clams.

Larry

Edits: 90/81/00 90/81/00

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.