Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Re: Bose

Hi

Regardless of the market area, from waterproofing solution to fashion, Pro-sound to mass market “hifi”, it is a grim fact that a dollar spent marketing an image of technology produces far more sales than spending the money doing R&D does..
Most of the time, it is the small company or individuals who come up with the ”new” stuff, as they say desperation IS the mother of invention, no one feels like its up to them to “save the day” at a big company.
So, think about what it takes to be the best selling brand, think of them in any area, they are essentially NEVER above average in performance.
I read a comparison of waterproofing coatings for wood a few years ago, the Brand with the largest sales, that was most well known, that I used, was near the bottom in its ability to protect wood, had a very poor cost to performance.
When dealing with discretionary income, for any market, you look at who is the biggest in sales or most well known, they are nearly always an “emperor with no cloths” so far as actual substance. This is simply the most cost effective strategy, honed to a literal science with focus groups, blind testing and all manner of scientific refinement.
Only when a person chooses to find out more than the mfr tells that it starts to look like there is some guy standing behind the curtain running OZ or, a naked fat guy on parade.

It does get kind of creepy when you recall it’s not just the constant flow of Madison Avenue media that creates these opinions about “what is good”, they also shape our political opinions, our knowledge of world events, about what to expect and tolerate, or “morals” as a country. Our media doesn’t so much lie outright, it’s more like by leaving out some things, one draws a different conclusion than one might with the whole story.
Oh, well, what can you do, its not PC to realistically discuss what is going on, I suppose that is the point of that as well. “PC”, Sort of a proposition that “for the betterment of all” one can pick up a dog turd and by force of will, smoke it and enjoy it like a fine cigar and then self-righteously condemn those who don’t as backwards, un-enlightened fools.
Best,
Tom

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Bose - tomservo 07:57:49 03/20/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.