Home Isolation Ward

From ebony pucks to magic foil, mystical and controversial tweaks.

Some comparisons that I have made

I find the Acoustic Revive QR-8s very powerful. In some locations they have enormous benefits, such as in the center of the wall behind the speakers and on the base of 300B tubes. But elsewhere they are harmful such as in the drawer of my cd player or on supertweeters. Some places they do nothing. I have Shun Mook Mpingo disks and continue to use a few, but in some places they harm my sound rather than help. I have used Marigo Dots and still have some on my walls. I did find they had a very slight benefit on caps and chips as well as on cabinets of electronics. I still have some Harmonix vibration devices, such as rings for RCA jacks, with many now in a drawer. They provided some minor improvements. I could go on relative to some of what I have had from you, which I still use. Again the benefits are there but not major.

I have not tried the C-37 lacquer nor know of anyone who has. I have heard of using it on speaker diaphragms for stiffening, where one would certainly not use AVM.

All that I can really say is that what I have experienced with the AVM paint far surpasses the impact of other similar products, if there are really similar products. I say this as I really don't know if the effects are purely vibration control. I hope also that I stressed strongly enough that I don't know that these effects would transfer to another person or another set of electronics.

I know, however, that there are others in quite different circumstances that also extoll the benefits of using AVM. When HP of TAS recommended the Reference 3A Grand Veenas, I sought them out at the RMAF. They were quite good but too bright. Nevertheless I strongly urged several friends to visit their suite. Each was quite impressed although the one who was in the market for new speakers, as yet, has failed to buy them. At THE Show, I again listened to them. They were now not bright. When I asked about that, I was told that their large cap had just been put into them at the RMAF and now was fully broken in. This resulted in a more extensive discussion that ultimately informed me that they used AVM extensively throughout the speakers.

The impact of this stuff is not subtle at all. Last evening I treated the input circuit board on my H-Cat. After several hours of drying time, I fired up the system and heard a big improvement in the precision of the sound with a resulting shocking realism to the original recording venue. I know that today it will be better yet. I now need to treat more cds as I can no longer listen to those untreated. I also wish there were the possibility to help my vinyl source apart from treating the phono stage. I have seen pictures of headshells and connections on a cartridge, but I really cannot see painting my Shindo Labs tone arm or cartridge. Where will this end?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.