Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

LeCleach

Or go for something like a tractrix horn or better yet a LeCleach horn for low internal and mouth reflections, better low frequency / flatter onaxis response.

After experimenting with a couple of conicals, and finding they did need a fair bit of EQ, I'm looking at making a couple of round midhorns again. I'm interested in the LeCleach, and have the software working, but I have a question;

When I made my first trax, I saw a post by JLH that said to use 0,707 x the lowest frequecy you wanted to use the horn for the flare rate, eg 270Hz FR for a 400Hz xover. This worked really well with a measured freq resp at -3dB at about 320-330Hz iirc. Do I need to add in any 'factor' with the LeCleach to get the same performance? Or do I simply input the flare rate as the xover frequency? I'm after a 400Hz xover again.
Driver will be a BMS 4592 coax

Having no experience with the LeCleach, any help would be appreciated in the design, as I'm going to build it by a layered laminate method with is very time consuming and labour intensive, so I'd like to only have to do it once.
Thanks

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.