Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Jensen F12NS field coil speakers

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the information. Really looking forward to hearing these speakers! To repair the crack, should I open it to dab glue on the facing surfaces or should I just let the glue wick into it? It is completely closed and almost undetectable as it sits now. Should I work from the front side or the back? Should I clamp it in any way while it dries? As a completely off the wall idea, would there be any advantage to wiring it up and sending it a low level fixed signal, say 200 Hz, for a minute or two after glueing, to sort of microscopically distribute the glue?

What would you suggest as the optimum frequency range to design for with these drivers? I like the simplicity of construction with an open baffle, but I'm not sure what all of the tradeoffs for the various options are.

Ahhh, I am supremely impatient to hear these. I think I have the materials at hand to knock up one baffle, cross it over at 2k to a University 4409 and run it off the center channel from my Scott 222C. Any objections? I will start as soon as I can decently turn on a power tool on a Saturday morning.

Thanks,

Michael

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.