Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

and they... umm... tend towards harshness :-p

Col. Paul W. Klipsch loved 'em.
Were I a snarky Marky, I'd add, simply, 'nuff said. ;)

That said, as nasty as the T35 tended to sound in the 'heritage' Klipsch designs, EV managed to get the T35 and its lesser kin (T35B/TW35) to sound smoother -- not sure why or how (i.e., I've never thought too hard about the simple XOs used by EV - or Klipsch's, for that matter). It might be purely audio placebo reflecting my innate fondness for most things EV. :)

In seriousness, though, a couple of not-at-all-random examples: The T35B in an EV Esquire and the tweeter (presumably a T35B/TW35 variant) in the adorable and unassuming "Wolverine" LT12 coax are quite acceptible to my (yes - geriatric!) ears.

EV Esquire au naturel

LT12 2

I have a passel of T35s, more than a couple of which have bad diaphragms. I have long been tempted to try some of the cheap aftermarket diaphragms currently available for them, but I've so far managed to avoide the temptation. I reckon that alignment is probably pretty tricky... plus it's hard to get excited about dissecting an EV coax (e.g., a 12TRXB) -- and I've got a few of those with dead tweeters. :(

PS the T35's big sibling (at least in terms of mass, sensitivity, and street price), the T350, seems to be cut from different (better) cloth. Again, I don't really know why, and I literally ;) cannot afford a pair of T350s, so I am far from expert on them.

all the best,
mrh

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.