Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Klipsch Jubilee

My Khorns currently have Volti's wood horns with the BMS 4592mid 16ohm drivers, tweeter is a JBL 2404. Previously, i had the Martinelli Horns using the original drivers. I had Alks extreme slope crossovers and then later built the crossovers John Warren designed which I like and is closer to the AK networks. I think what I'm hearing from the Jubilee's is the time alignment of the drivers. I started experimenting last week with REW and a Xilica XD4080 DSP bi-amping the speakers, I got the woofer to mid time aligned but need to set the tweeter on top of the speaker about 17" back to time align or tri-amp the speakers.
I did hear an improvement and also used the PEQs to get rid of some of the peaks from the bass cabinet and horn section.
Here's a clip of REW spectogram data with a just my passive. You can see the time alignment issues as well as the bass hump. Some of that bass hump is the tube amp (too much cathode cap).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.