Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: All things considered... I wonder

"How that horn would work with one of the Faital 1.4s?"

It's polar pattern would be the same, the frequency response would likely be a little different. This horn is longer and will load the driver to a lower frequency than the 142 and it's larger size means it holds the pattern to a lower frequency.

Horns can give you a large "near field" where the direct sound is substantially louder than the late room sound. not only is there much less sound going to the rear but less to the sides too.
Position, imagine those horns one on each side with a little light where the driver (exit slot in this case) is.

Now imagine mirrors on your walls. You can move the speakers closer to your side walls than normal.. as long as the horn is toed in and you can't see the light bulb in the mirror on the side wall at the listening position. Your avoiding a side wall reflection where the horn has pattern control.
No driver has a flat power response so some EQ is normal and proper EQ corrects mag and phase at the same time.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: All things considered... I wonder - tomservo 11:56:37 05/09/23 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.