Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: "Polite" speakers

You are wasting your time. Cable skeptics will always have the last word, you know, because "measurements".
Hell, even the 15 inches of wire between my passive crossovers and my drivers make a tremendous difference (going from Belden 9497 to solid core Neotech UP-OCC was like cleaning a window covered in 10 years dust) but DON'T MENTION IT or someone will jump at your throat.

...and the fact that the audio cable business is so flourishing just means one thing: there's greed on one side and idiots on the other side (an incredibly high number of idiots, if you ask me, but we will always be on the wrong side of the fence, because measurements, so we will always be the idiots, and we will always lose this conversation!)

Most people couldn't tell a Kondo amplifier from a Best Buy Onkyo during a blind test, because a blind tests puts you in such competitive and stressful condition that it acts negatively on your perceptions - psychoacoustics and bias work both ways, but no one ever mentions it of course. The only way to assess the benefits of a cable is to plug it in your system, and listen to it for a long period just like you would do with any component.

Rant over, and NO I'm not going any deeper in this argument, but YES silver cable can help an overly smooth / polite system, and I know where I stand on the matter.

Have a great day everyone.

Edits: 09/25/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.