Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Anyone else know the Dr Edgar ?

I met Bruce in 1998 or so at his shop which was inside the Image Dynamics building, I consider him one of the most humble and kind people I have or ever will have met. I was there many times helping ID on projects and spent time with my vehicle in their booth at the championships in sound quality in 2000 or was it 2001....Bruce, Mat and Eric of ID, taught me all I know about high end home and car audio. I used to help Bruce move things around, I did call him Doc, etc but he liked me to call him Bruce.
A few years later I finally had a place I could use his horns but the Titans were a bit big so he sold me his demo Slimlines with every upgrade he could do, huge oil filled caps, foil inductors, resistors, wiring and Fostex super tweeters, packed and shipped for only $800. Best dang deal I ever got on audio gear with the only possible exception was $20 for a Stereo 70 in working condition at a Navy base used stuff store. I still have the speakers, getting ready to do a major rework of the end wall of our full time RV, build new woofer enclosures to fit the space(keeping exact length and volume of originals which I will keep in storage) It has been years since I heard them, very much looking forward to it.
Sad to see him go, no one is perfect and he was far more a fellow enthusiast than businessman and with MS not always able to get things done when expected but still, one of the very best I expect to ever have known or know about.
Rick
Great DIY Sound Quality for low cost.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anyone else know the Dr Edgar ? - ftrv2014@mailfence.com 18:13:56 04/12/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.