Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Anyone else know the Dr Edgar ?

After being a Klipschead that spent an entire day with PWK in hope (1985), when I was still a "kid," PWK made my wife and I feel like we were his long lost grandkids. PWK definitely practiced what he preached! I had his 2PH3 array with Passive Center Channel Mini Box for 30 years, until I heard the MWM and Jubilee systems with Roy Delgado in 2007 at the Klipsch Factory, but that is another story.

I was sold on Tom Danley's creations back in 2014, but joined this group and read about Dr. Bruce Edgar here.

I designed my own bass folded bass horns (Quarter Pie and Super MWM) but I always wanted straight axis horns since I heard the Sadurni Staccato horns (best of show) at Axpona 2014.

I was fineally able to purchase a Titan II, from a Craigslist Ad spotted by a fellow Klipsch Forum Member, with the owner only 21 minutes from my house in April of this year!! I own a trailer and having no SHIPPING costs for that setup saves a carload of money.

I'm on my second set of tweeters (now that the Fane is not available), I'm using the Ciare Bullet tweeters with much success. I'll be going to JBL 2220 woofers soon as my HornResp model tells me they are the very best for that horn, but man they are hard to find!

I will have 4 of them to test and match up and will likely sell the second pair here after my pick of the litter so to speak. Backwards progress is just as expensive as forward progress, but that System, when done right, is the most impressive in terms of realism, micro detail, impact, you name it, and I've "heard them all" so to speak.

So yes, even though it's been only through his posts and writings, an unmet Dr. Edgar is a hero to all of us horn guys for sure!!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.