Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Also such a thing as "line level' crossovers.

cool ... of you course you could tell that I was just trying to get a grin out of Bill with my equalizer / reverb riff ... well, I would hope so anyway. just hope that he did ... Bill?

I did actually own that stuff though. and was proud of it!

man that amp ran hot! in fact, everything ran hot back then except TT's and reel to reel's ... guess you could tell where the engineering was focused

in keeping with this forum though I need to mention that we listened to my homemade plywood monkey coffins loaded with old 15" Altec PA drivers somebody threw away because they were torn [and I 'repaired' with layered toilet paper and nail polish then painted black] + some 5" paper cones I thought must be mid-range due to size with bullet tweeters I had salvaged from a curbed console, that must have drowned in a basement flood, along with it's crossovers ... pure junk with not a thought they wouldn't work ... but they more or less did ... sounded glorious to us, and very efficient, you could barely turn the volume up more than a few notches ... I've no idea how low those 15's went but the damn things would rattle windows on the second floor and didn't just go 'thump'

anyway, thanks for your post, sorry to motor mouth here

regards,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Also such a thing as "line level' crossovers. - rivervalley817 12:05:56 11/29/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.