Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Who has experience with the C34 back loaded horn? I am considering building a pair.

The 2226 has an X-max of just 7.8 mm and an Fs of 40 Hz so doesn't really produce "chest thumping" bass. The bass factor in the over-damped 4Pi is for tight, clean portrayal of acoustic bass instruments.

The closest thing to the "thump" of the Model 19 I've heard comes from the GPA Altec 416-8. There are numerous threads here and elsewhere on building suitable cabinets and upgrading the GPA Altec crossover so you don't have to fool around with 'seat of the pants' speaker design. I wandered around in those woods for years before I built my 4Pi's.

I built the typical 8 cu.ft., 2x10 slot port cut in the 3/4" plywood cabinet for a friend and he loved them. Me, not so much but my appreciation is colored by having played classical music in orchestras all my life. RodM here has a pair of the more Japanese style set-up you can search for and there are others.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Who has experience with the C34 back loaded horn? I am considering building a pair. - B. Scarpia 04:51:14 09/16/20 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.