Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: tubes and speakers

I think there is a great deal of subjective listening experience indicating that our approach of using very well engineered tube equipment and speakers does great things for satisfying sound reproduction.

And I not surprised - and happy for you - that you experience similiar benefits as I have described from using such equipment for your listening.

However regarding the speaker wires:
"I can hear from subtle to huge differences in wires, depending on the wires of course!"

I think even the most science based engineers would admit that wire length can have an impact on electrical transmission characteristics (assuming normally competent wiring materials and construction). My wire is short (music system that is!).

Assuming that basic electrical competency - and with all due respect - I personally believe that such listening comparisons must be performed double-blind for reliable analysis, and I would bet a paycheck that the outcome of such testing would not match your expectation.

best,
LT

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: tubes and speakers - LtMandella 18:12:51 05/20/20 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.