Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

High efficiency loudspeaker options

Is there a list of high efficiency speaker options? Also, not a lot of dealers carry them: are there dealers in the US who carry a selection or that carry specific brands that are worth researching?

For years I've had a Resolution Audio Cantata system - 50 watts - with Harbeth P3ESR speakers. It's good, but I've come to realize Harbeths need more power to come alive, even at lower volumes sometimes. I'm curious to experiment with a higher efficiency speaker with the RA Cantata. This is also driven by an interest in doing something different; change for change sake.

I'm particularly curious about single driver loudspeakers but I'm open to anything.

For now, I'd love to understand the landscape of higher efficiency speakers, but I would also appreciate specific recommendations. I listen to a lot of acoustic guitar music but I also listen to a lot of electronic space/ambient music. My room is about 12x15 feet and well dampened. I often listen at lower volumes while working, but at higher volumes at other times (rarely loud).

Thanks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - High efficiency loudspeaker options - Budrew 14:26:12 05/15/20 (61)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.