Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Crazy pricing on Altec Model 19?

George,

Think those prices are crazy, try scoring some classic BIG JBL's.

I had a deal on a set of JBL L300's that fell through and a deal on a set of 4350's that fell through (STILL regretting that one).

In the L300 it was a craigslist out of Seattle on a set that needed work at a storage unit auction. I met the guy's price and had a JBL dealer willing to drive to pick em up and refurb them. He must of done some digging as HE set the grand price and I immediately agreed. Surmise he found out that even not 100 percent they will go for more.

4350's was an ebay auction for sic grand with local LA pickup. No bids and I contacted seller an offered five grand and have a son-in-law with a pickup in LA so no problem with pickup. They agreed and then when I was going to make payment decided not to go through.

OH WELL, it was largely a nostalgia buy on my part in any event.

Big Klipsch are a real bargain in Alaska due to cost of shipping and I scored big time on a set of LaScala's. Had the marvelous Mr. Crites do a crossover for a set of community midrange compression drivers and Beyma neodymium compression tweeters so I can get my kicks with classic rock on a real nice set of horns.

I have a set of big Altec's but they are the PA version, and I thought I had VOTT when I was buying. Fun, but very colored.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.