Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Avantgarde speaker users ........

I have the new Duos that you describe, the first one to come into the US according to Jim Smith, and I like the setup. My Joule Electra pre inverts polarity so I deal with it by flip-flopping the speaker cables. The filter works great but I normally use it in the 20 Hz position, as it gives the music more body. I haven't experienced any limitations with this setup yet. The only downside of the AG is that they can be very sensitive to hum, you will really be able to tell what your equipment is doing, although, not always to your pleasure. ;-)Nirvana cable works great with the Duos, and definately connect your amp to the mid-range horn with bananas and jump it from the midrange to the tweeter to the woofer with really good cable and dump the stock jumpers, which don't really sound that great. The guys at Nirvana will make you a custom wiring harness for it on the inexpensive side, and I highly recommend it.

Good luck!

Jeff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Avantgarde speaker users ........ - Jeff Day 08:45:44 06/13/00 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.