High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

RE: From Sublime to Ridiculous

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ High Efficiency Speaker Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Current measurements of current loudspeakers do not support your conclusion.

Furthermore, I am constantly amazed at people who obsess themselves with products they cannot afford and have no intention of considering if they could afford them. The five-figure and six-figure loudspeakers of the world are not intended for most buyers. I am astounded that I have to say that out loud.

A good deal of these megabuck audio products are purchased by the world's most renowned sound engineers who have the career success to afford them, the rest by the wealthy who, as F. Scott Fitzgerald famously wrote in "The Great Gatsby", "are not the same as you and me".

Prices are set by manufacturers to reflect the R&D and the expected sales volume, which in the case of many of these products, number less than 10 copies worldwide. The technology trickles down to the point where the affordable speakers we buy today were once the megabuck speakers of a decade ago. That is not a bad thing.

I fail to see the problem. I do wish I had your life, where you have no problems of your own to fuss over and can instead solve the problems of the stupendously wealthy. Try to get a consultant's fee, as that's clearly your business; and then justify spending that money on what amounts to nothing at all, surely a poorer value than getting some music out of the deal.

Edits: 05/24/17

Follow Ups: