Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: HR6040 as midhorn with 1" format CD ?

hi Paul, you can also see with the Cobraflex and "1st order" cap highpass, that there's a depressed area with two peaks on either side. I also saw this with 1828 and SM120 so a cap highpass (do all odd order offer this interaction?) may not always be appropriate. Is your horn rig's crossover to mid passive and if so, 2nd order?

HR6040 must be a pretty smooth horn the way the final section flares. The P-Audio adapter is good enough for midrange and probably treble. I could compare it to a Gollehon horn about the size of 511, 511 and a Renkus-Heinz like Mark Hardy uses.

I want a passive xover for this toy - not sure what horns "here" for a tweeter - I have a little Gollehon radial but its sidewalls are ~100 degrees- could try a K700 (that would make Tom Brennan happy) - maybe there's a cheap non-CD horn at Partsexpress

(maybe there's some copper coil diaphragms at Ebay - I have K55V but both are blown after a cat did something to cause an amplifier meltdown)

here's the little midbass with a 12" - just about 7 cubic foot external bulk - where would you nominally crossover from this midbass to the midhorn?

if I could shuffle stuff, it would be fun to use HR6040 with Sentry IV

SAHF on 511B sure goes pretty low - 24uF is probably large as SAHF IIRC is nominally a 16 ohm driver. There's no attenuation on the SAHF/511B combo below. (Subjectively, I think the ides were too hot)

HR6040 ranking with 288-16k

Karlson Evangelist

Edits: 05/07/17 05/07/17 05/07/17 05/07/17 05/08/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.