Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Why do line arrays using directional speakers require shorter lines for similar near field performance?

"others play more classic, less subtle PA test program like AC/DC or EDM which I find enjoyable in smaller quantities.
Best,
Tom"

OMG, "classic?", LOL. I do believe your tongue if firmly implanted in your cheek as you write this. Too funny.

I think you once described your TH-50's "as subtle as a pair of Humvees in the living room."..........which, BTW, prompted me to buy/trade for a bunch, since subtlety is not my strong suit!

So you get sales and marketing credit for that one!!

As to "enjoyable in smaller quantities," I concur. The full band, high dynamics, high resolution of microdetails in your speakers means that "micro quantities" of rock music should apply.

Across the board, fully resolving high distortion guitar effects can be quite irritating in a short period of time. BUT, as old Rockers with Garage Band experience, we do love to crank it up once in while, especially when the right social circumstance meets the perfect alcohol tolerance level!!

As I've said before, the Direct Radiator guys don't have both the high and low decibel options that the Horn Guys have, only the low AND at higher IM distortion. A 650 Horsepower Corvette can outrun most of the others, but it can also drive slowly through a parking lot. Those overpriced little boxes at Axpona can only do parking lot driving. I'd rather have the 200 MPH option on the right road.

Cheers!

Edits: 04/30/17 04/30/17 04/30/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Why do line arrays using directional speakers require shorter lines for similar near field performance? - claudej1@aol.com 09:40:04 04/30/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.