Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Danley installation at the new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta

My day with him was early August, 1985. He was not very involved with the daily running of the company then. Jim Hunter didn't have gray hair yet, and Roy Delgado (future Chief Engineer) had not been hired out of college yet, to become their most prolific speaker designer, including the legendary/Amazing Jubilee bass and the K402 mid horns.

I met Gary Gillum that day, who was chief engineer and co-designer of the MWM bass bin (which I had in my house for a while.

My switching from Klipschorns, to Klipsch Pro (big stack), now down to mostly Danley stuff is because of how SMALL Danley's multi driver horns are for their amazing bandwidth. Unmatched by anything these discerning ears have heard.

The best impressive sound heard at Axpona in Chicago a few years were Sadurni Horns, but the dollar and space cost, I leave to others, with a fatter wallet than mine.

Best bang for buck had to be the Spatial OB speakers at less than $2,000 for a new pair. Otherwise EVERYTHING there is overpriced and underperforming.

Edits: 04/14/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Danley installation at the new Mercedes Benz stadium in Atlanta - claudej1@aol.com 13:33:48 04/14/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.