Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

for all the ribbon haters... watch a ribbon destroy an EV horn

i had to come back just to slap all of the condescending, subject changing trolls here who REFUSE to talk about ribbons in a thread where ribbons is in the title with this video i just stumbled on after stumbling upon a sound on sound review tease for Peavey RBN 112 PA speakers with RIBBON TWEETERS.

surprise! surprise! surprise! the ribbon tweeter, even in this lowfi video DESTROYS the EV EKX 12P with its yucky compression tweeter. no amount of arguing can contradict the audio evidence and no amount of confirmation biased cognitive dissonance can change the "official record" that vindicates my goals in designing for fidelity BEFORE SPL.

there's another video where the peavy takes an even bigger dump on a bose system as expected too.

if you have so much contempt for ribbons that you refuse to help someone with THAT topic, then i'll just wing it on my own without your subject changing trolling and condescension, but that video is DELICIOUS "i told you so!" revenge for all the trolling that's spammed this thread from top to bottom. it's just too bad that i don't have $500 each to lay out for big 200w ribbons.

i'll probably have to sacrifice 1,500Hz i really don't want to crossing over to a more durable air motion tweeter as this thread has offered nothing helpful towards using a high efficiency ribbon sadly.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • for all the ribbon haters... watch a ribbon destroy an EV horn - thump 00:52:35 03/31/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.