In Reply to: RE: Patrician 800 variation curious posted by Paul Eizik on March 28, 2017 at 20:54:37:
It's almost certainly a factory Patrician 800. It looks like the EV cabinet and has the same drivers listed in the image mah posted (i.e. 30W, SP12D, T250 on 8HD horn, T350).
Last night I looked through old issues of the magazine Audio and found that this configuration was for sale for $875 in the August 1964 issue. Given that the 800 was introduced in January 1963 (from an EV ad in Audio, January 1963), I speculate that this is the first version and a second version was produced sometime after. Since I've spent so much time looking into this, I'm considering putting together a history of the Patrician line.
I got Audio PDFs from http://www.americanradiohistory.com/index.htm. This site mostly focuses on vintage radio publications but also has some great information for vintage audio buffs. Most of the issues of Audio are there (published 1947 to 1991).
Edits: 03/29/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Patrician 800 variation - cvandyke 12:57:22 03/26/17 (11)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - mah 18:30:34 03/27/17 (3)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - mah 23:47:57 03/28/17 (1)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - cvandyke 07:36:17 03/29/17 (0)
- Mystery solved - cvandyke 06:56:50 03/28/17 (0)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - Paul Eizik 16:40:17 03/27/17 (4)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - cvandyke 07:07:59 03/28/17 (3)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - Coner 11:09:10 03/27/17 (1)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation - cvandyke 12:33:26 03/27/17 (0)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation curious - cvandyke 07:21:38 03/29/17 (1)
- RE: Patrician 800 variation curious - Paul Eizik 10:28:00 03/29/17 (0)