In Reply to: RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? posted by moray james on March 26, 2017 at 10:18:27:
in general, GregB's "Karlsonator" drops lower than a traditional Karlsoon. A K12 in 2pi with strong motor/low mass speaker will rolloff below 70Hz - but has a lot of "hit" - I prefer a K12 to my Klipschorns - but its not quite one on one with K-horn running a horn mid vs a PYM1298 (like Kappa12a) carrying the mids.
to get down low might mean pretty big - I think XRK971\s "XKi" alignment for either W8-1772 or Beta10cx was 60 liters total for one drive. That alignment seems to call for a 3:1 rear chamber to front chamber size ratio. Front chamber design/aspect and the opening are non trivial and bad result have happened. Karlson's originals with appropriate drivers play very nice.
Dual Karlsonator and dual XKi can be simulated - how low do you need?
Here's some specs Posted for a Klipsch CLF20 woofer
REVC 5.77 OHMS - DC resistance
Le 1.4056 mh
VAS 78.1875 L - 2.76116 ft^3
Sensitivity 91.1884 db 1w/1m
what is the cone area (or effective diameter) for your Klipsch woofer?
I wonder if there's any subjective improvement to using a DCR with only one external vent?
Briggs placed his acoustic filter as to divide an enclosure into 2:1 chamber ratios - does that ratio hold in a traditional Karlson-type's rear chamber? - or just the rear to front ratio?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - freddyi 10:52:17 03/25/17 (10)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - Don Reid 07:42:52 03/29/17 (1)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - freddyi 06:07:51 03/30/17 (0)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - moray james 23:08:01 03/25/17 (7)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - freddyi 00:26:54 03/26/17 (6)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - moray james 01:48:51 03/26/17 (5)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - freddyi 03:53:14 03/26/17 (4)
- RE: Tasteful finish for baby Classic horn ? - moray james 10:18:27 03/26/17 (3)