I rarely post in this forum, I am usually over in the vintage or tube asylums. I am also unsure if there are any speaker "builders" here either, but just on a lark I am throwing this out there..
Has anyone ever made a pair of Zu Clones? If so, I am looking for advice on prototyping a cabinet, and figuring a way to replicate their room loading system with the bottom vent and dense foam pyramid..
I happen to pick up a pair of Zu260FRD/G4/HO drivers at reasonable cost. I am a proficient DIY-er, and also own a set of Zu Omen Standards (actually converted them to Soul Super-fly model)
The Zu260FRD/G4/HO is one of their older first gen drivers, I was thinking of looking for a suitable super tweeter from Parts Express, and trying to build "Zu -essence" clones...
any thoughts on starting a prototype appreciated..
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - mr9iron 00:42:20 03/21/17 (5)
- RE: Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - marc g. 16:12:01 03/23/17 (2)
- RE: Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - mr9iron 16:28:45 03/23/17 (1)
- RE: Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - freddyi 21:32:41 03/28/17 (0)
- RE: Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - Don Reid 08:40:15 03/21/17 (1)
- RE: Help Building Zu Essence Clones.. - Scott L 14:48:07 03/25/17 (0)