Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Olson - -- I'm Just Wild About Harry Too

Freddy

The earlier Elements Of Acoustical Engineering (AKA Elephants Of Acoustical Engineering In The Room) was also reprinted in paperback several years ago as a Nabu Public Domain Reprint. Just to add to the confusion, an original work published before 1923 (!) is referenced in the publisher preface. This paperback may still be available, and quite a bargain for anyone not willing to pay the $70+ for the 1991 Professional Audio Journals reprint of the 1957 version of Acoustical Engineering with the blue hard cover. In case anyone is still not confused enough, the online link here lists the original edition of Elements Of Acoustical Eng. from 1940, with a 2nd Ed. in 1947, and another 2nd Ed. in 1957 and a reprint in 1960!

Anyway enough complaining, and thanks for the link for all to see. I'm still not admitting that I own any of this stuff due to all the confusion. For some engineering high drama see p. 23 in the link and see the spherical enclosure moping the floor with the various other types tested. I predict that this will again be re-discovered, and remember that you heard it here first that you saw it there first.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.