Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Electro-Voice Regal lll

Craig

The schematic I posted uses 1000 Hz for the low end and 3500 Hz for the high end like the original crossover did, and it's also a 1st order crossover. The parts you link to for C1,C2,L1 and L2 should be fine. I'm not sure how a "stereo L-pad" applies here, as you want a separate mono L-pad on each mid horn and horn tweeter. Dave wanted me to remind you that the L-pads for my schematic should all be 8 Ohm units, and it looks like you are aware of that. You pay more for higher Watt L-pads so budget according to the amp you are using.

16 Ohm speaker drivers were more common in the vacuum tube amp days as tube amps had an efficiency advantage with higher resistance drivers, while transistor amps had an efficiency advantage with lower resistance drivers. The Regal seems to come from that time in the late 60's when the transition from tubes to transistors came about in the market.

Does the schematic make sense? Note that when a wire crosses over another wire, they are not connected to each other at that point unless there is a dot at the cross road. I used the schematic format from one of the calculators we discussed here for the sketch, and I corrected an error where they omitted a dot where the mid minus connects to the amp minus. It's a trivial point but it may have confused someone not used to reading schematics.

Hope all this helps

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.