Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Electro-Voice Regal lll

Craig

This has been an interesting mystery as many pertinent details have been difficult to arrive at. I have: T35's here (in both 8 and 16 Ohm versions); T35B's (only 8 Ohm versions here); and T350's (only 8 Ohms versions here). The diaphragm is nominally inter-changeable between them (though there have been detail changes and refinements though the years). It's what you have in the driver now that counts and not what a spec sheet says, or even what it says on the driver. Back in the day The Grateful Dead had a sound system with an array of multiple T350's which got blown from too much power, so this is not an unusual problem with these drivers being over driven. From your DMM measurements you have presently: a 4 Ohm woofer; an 8 Ohm mid horn driver; and an 8 Ohm tweeter. Tomorrow I'll post a schematic for a new crossover (based on the data you have supplied) and hopefully this will help. I've never heard the Regals or any of the variants, but Dave has and he can give you his opinion as to how they would stack up against similar vintage speakers. IMHO If they're EV's they are worth fixing, but I grew up listening to EV horns. My main rig now are 6 ft. tall 300 lb. EV monster horns, so I'm coming from a hard core perspective.

Paul

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.