Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: sorry, I was asleep! :-)

I don't do Klipsch.

But I quietly suspect Klipsch was kicking back listening to that WE gear he had and producing Klipsch for the mullets!

I see that in the early articles about the Klipsch midrange horn, he was using a nice WE 713 driver not one of those shitty Atlas units! ;op

And he was probably drinking Old Grand Dad bottled in bond and smokin Cubans, not half gallons of Cabin Still on sale and floor sweepins cigarillos.

As for cheap fun, we all know that buying 9 different cheap fun speakers gets expensive. Better to pick out a good one at the start. Unless, perhaps, if one could hear the Valencia or whatever and liked it enough to venture forth.

Gilmorneau is spot on with the JE Labs 414/32 recommendation. Not as easy as it used to be to get the parts but still one of the best moderate solutions.

I didn't take part in the great Econowave experiment but some of the parts uncovered in that sort of experimentation may have some merit.

I heard some Volti Audio horns sounding real good at the recent DC Audiofest. He's using some plastic pro horn that worked great. Deja Vu had a modern plastic horn with some unspecified vintage Japan driver....also great. They are out there but I just don't know what they are.

------------------------------

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must remain silent -- Wittgenstein

Free your mind and your ass will follow -- Parliament/Funkadelic

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.