Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Just got some Altec 19s. first impressions

Congratulations on your "new" Model 19s! I had two different pairs of these speakers at different times. I never did any mods to them except to purchase new foams for the horns, which, as Vinnie said, really help them sound better. (The Altec engineers really knew what they were doing!)

I certainly agree with your observation that they have much better front-to-back depth than many other speakers. This is something I noticed right away with mine.

One really nice benefit with these efficient speakers is that they play very cleanly and clearly at low volumes. They do not need to be cranked up in volume to "open up."

Altec took a lot of care to make sure the dispersion pattern was similar between the two drivers that really helps to smooth transitions at the crossover point.

I always took a kind of perverse delight in people's comments about the size of these systems. One friend, upon seeing them for the first time said, "MAN! Those are some BIG HONKIN' speakers. I liked that.

Enjoy your Model 19s. . . great speakers!

George

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Just got some Altec 19s. first impressions - George S. Roland 09:51:01 09/28/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.