Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Wich "t-amp" for bi-amping?

Well I don't know what's your experience with those products, but this Trends TA10.1 really is something special. Width and depth of image are exceptional (honestly), transparency is top notch and dynamics are impressive enough on 104dB horns. Highs are well integrated and devoid of any harshness of grain.
Mine is modded and I can't speak about the stock TA10.1, but I doubt there's that much of a difference.

Today the SMSL SA50 I bought online gets delivered. It's got more power at 25 clean watts/channel. Cost me 68euro(!), free shipping.
It got very favorable reviews. I doubt it would be as good as the modded Trends, but taking care of the low pass <460Hz in a bi-amp setup, I have good hopes it will shine.

I find it very exciting to have so much music coming out of those ridiculously small and cheap pieces of electronic!

Less important (but damn nice when you're on a budget), they run cold, can be left on 24/7 without draining 340watts at idle like my last amp did, they don't seem to fail as easily as ClassA or AB amps (I spent the price of luxury vacation to fix my previous amps over the last 15 years), and if they DO fail, they're so cheap it's just a matter of waiting for the delivery of the new one. No headache. Simple, efficient, good sound.

Now I'm sure there is better, there is always better. But they deserve better than driving a pair of Eltax bookshelf speakers on a desk ;)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Wich "t-amp" for bi-amping? - KanedaK 23:34:43 09/26/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.