Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

A more typical tall, high driver MLTL

"Where would you recommend the driver height in these type of 10ft3 designs? "
If the driver is offset at approximately 1/3 the length of the straight transmission line, the 3/4 wavelength standing wave can be totally suppressed, and in addition the impact from every other quarter wavelength mode (3/4, 7/4, 11/4, …) will also be essentially removed from the system SPL response. Using this 1::2 ratio, a 39” ear level driver position would require a ~58.5" line height with the driver center 19.5" down from the line top. Total internal line volume of 11 cu_Ft with a 419 sq_in line section area, short 6" port 7" above the line bottom. …. a normal tall MLTL.

' I am sorry, but I am not quite sure what you mean by, "The GPA 604 deserves a freeware in-room MLTL and in-corner design"? '
A custom speaker design uses the owner's actual room dimensions including proposed speaker positions and listener position, as well as the owners personal preferences like "I want BASS". The designer uses simulations which include: room modes; corner gain; rear wall gain; absorption from carpets, drapes, furniture; room absorber/diffuser panels; cabinet edge diffraction optimizations; custom crossover circuits; baffle step compensation circuits; custom T-Line stuffing options; etc... Design experts with CAD software required.

I used the term "freeware design" to mean complete design drawings not requiring additional expert CAD software help for a common up against the wall Big-speaker placement. The GPA 604 III has unique T/S parameters, SPL/frequency response, and polar horn response that would model a slightly different cabinet from the classic Altecs.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.