Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Anyone have good luck making Khorns into 2 way?

The wings were a necessity because I only have one good corner and I needed a top plate to place the Oris horn and amp on. I also added a bottom plate so the bass bin is enclosed. They gave plenty of placement options and allowed me to set them up for the best image in my room. One speak sits about 6" off-axis in a corner and I moved the other one around to suit. They do a nice job of tightening and focusing the bottom end and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest them.

They are fairly easy to build - I blocked them against the back plate and anchored them using the existing wing nuts so everything is reversible. I would imagine you could hinge them for easier transport but they are quite heavy. I used 4' x 4' panels of hardwood ply and MDF with a sheet of absorption material sandwiched between but folks have plenty of good suggestions over at the Klipsch forum - just search for 'false corners'.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Anyone have good luck making Khorns into 2 way? - JBryan 04:43:48 06/29/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.