Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Horn mouth shape ?

thank you Art, I appreciate the comments. This is more or less where I was going with all of this. I like the idea of the horns covering the main listening area only to as low a frequency as possible. I would at a guess figure that I would need a horn 26 -30 Inches square at the mouth and likely a metre deep if the angle were 40 degrees.
Yes I agree that size is getting very large to deal with. That is where the age old compromise comes into play. There is always a gotcha moment in every project where compromise was not considered from the outset. I am in an an apartment so some compromise will be necessary. So now I have some rough dimensions to work with. This sounds like a job for the CNC controlled router machine. Male a roundish horn with biscuits to align everything up and make assembly much easier. Will have to make some calls ad find out how much having the parts machined up would cost. Thanks again. best regards Moray James.

moray james

Edits: 05/09/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.