Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

It would be my pleasure & progress shot.

Hopefully they are not far away - most recent progress shot above. A few weeks ago they just needed the piano black finish applied to the sides, then final finishing and testing. Of course, then they need to be delivered and set up in room.

The amp will be a partial kit/DIY 6C6 driving a 2A3; it is nothing special - actually, I have a swag of issues with its design and layout (I am already planning to rebuild it despite being not yet finished) - but it should give some idea as to how the speakers sound with a decent high-ish output impedance amp.

Without having heard them, but from what I have read, the crossover and cabinet design make or break these drivers. I spent the money on having a custom enclosure and Rick Craig crossover designed to suit my musical preferences. It will be interesting, because I am sensitive to the 'electronic' or reproduced signature of many systems and the GPA 604 with standard crossover is noted to have a slight upper midrange glare. The Rick Craig crossovers reportedly absolutely remove the glare and do so much more; we will see.

I will do whatever I realistically can to help you decide whether it is worth taking this route - I will be honest - and help make it happen should you decide to...

Cheers.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 04/06/12 04/06/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.