Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

What is the best 30-300hz bass cab solution?

I did some very encouraging measurements of Audax PR170M0 both in OS as well as tractrix horns and it's ruler flat from some 270-300hz to around 1.7k, where it peaks down -5db and comes back flat around 2k again (probably a horn dip). anyway it sounds very clean and fine without any nasal or honk attributes.

with this measurements it seems i've sorted out a 100+db driver for the voice region and with it I can use beyma TPL-150 with the top open.

both drivers have nearly similar efficiency which is a nice feature.

i'm now looking to get the best i can do bellow audax. i can't afford both money and real estate to split it into sub-bass and mid-bass so it has to be one solution from 300hz down, as low as possible. the main goals are to:
- match the efficiency of the mid/hi system, around 100-101db
- reach as low as possible, ideal would be -3 around 30hz or so
- not to compromise any performance in the midbass i.e. to be flat up to 270-300hz....
- if this doesn't sound too silly, to be as close in quality to a front horn sub bass as possible...:)

i don't have much experience with good bass cabs and have no idea if something like onken or VOTT would be a good solution. probably yes, but let's hear your ideas or thoughts....

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - What is the best 30-300hz bass cab solution? - ceriatone@gmail.com 17:54:20 04/06/12 (24)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.