Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Of course, how else can you do it?

Of course you have to have an amp, but you missed my point. You have to start with something so it should be the component that most dominates the sound.... the speaker.

Decent amps sound more alike than different as long as they are reasonably able to drive the speaker so start with a decent amp that is capable of driving a variety of speakers.

Decent speakers sound night and day different than each other no matter what amp you drive them with. In this case a lot of speakers will be dismissed because 1.5 watts isn't enough to drive most of them. A lot of very fine speakers, maybe the ones he truly likes, are eliminated before he even starts.

An amp is like the spice on the food. If you don't like the taste of salmon (the speaker) there is just about nothing you can do spice wise (the amp) to cover it up. You have to start with a speaker that you find pleasing and fine tune the rest with the amp, pre, cables, etc. That truth is so glaringly obvious I'm dumbfounded somebody would think otherwise

Choosing speakers to go with an amp is like choosing a suit to go with your socks.

Edits: 03/28/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.