Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

I agree with both

There aren't allot of Don Better's in the world. But, good retailers like Don, can conduct their business via internet and out of their showrooms.

The fact is, Don sells expensive stuff with tight distribution controls. EMT, Shindo, LM Audio are all controlled by Tone Imports. Which ads costs to the retail price. The manufacturers obviously see the benefit of this system versus a pure internet direct model. They are probably right. It takes knowledgeable people with certain sensibilities to the high end customer to sell and promote this kind of gear. The kind of customer that doesn't hang out here.

I'm hoping there will be a trickle down benefit to the small manufacturer who can get some traction from the interest generated by the LM Audio and EMT's of the world. I love gear of this ilk with "old world" quality and sound. My problem is that I like to experiment and change things out and buying full price retail is just not going to work for me. For the price of a mid priced Shindo preamp, I can go under the radar and put together a really good sounding system.

$10,000 seams like a reasonable price for this product but I also suspect the worst. I'm smelling "introductory" pricing to get the brand some momentum... and then price increases will come. To say it's worth $25 or $35,000 is absurd and makes me wonder about the motivation behind the post.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.