Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Budget?

thanks for the kind words...I love the way it makes music, not so sure that others would agree with my strange mix of components but, I have almost no desire to tweak or upgrade and have been off the rollercoaster of audio for almost 10 years now...good sign of musical satisfaction is it not?

regarding your dilemma, for $1,500 vintage becomes attractive. 1.5 watts is so very little that you need compression drivers in the top end and need to allow for somewhat less power to fill a room with bass. I love Klipsch cornwalls II and they are arguably 101db sensitive! (some people think that is optimistic, I have heard them really play loud and dynamically con 2A3 single end amps). Edgarhorns can play well with very little power. hard ot think of others that really can jump with that little juice (besides the other classic klipsch), I´ll keep thinking

Remember one thing, it is also important to present a nice, easy impedance load to your flea amp.

T

Jean-Francois Lessard 2A3 PP amp
Marantz 7T Preamp
Klipschorns w/ALK xovers
Squeezebox Touch
Asus netbook running itunes and LMS feeding
MSB link DACIII w24/96k
MSB digital director
Technics M85 Cassette

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Budget? - sunnysal 13:23:28 03/26/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.