Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Lots out there, but not many...

from the usual sources. That is the nature of genuine high efficiency systems. They ares pretty far left of centre and not appealing to a wide portion of the audio equipment buying market. Many polarise opinion, though this is not purely a function of being high efficiency or horn. Most of us have to invest effort as well as $$$ to obtain a suitable quality high efficiency system.

I really don't know what readily-available high efficiency speakers to suggest. When I was looking about 9 months ago I found very few I would opt for... Sonist? Pi? Maybe Tannoy (if you have lowish impedance amps)? Zu would not float my boat, but may suit you?

I ended up coordinating a custom design and build, which should arrive any day now... Some learning, (actually, lots of threads and a few articles read over the course of a few years to help me understand the inherent strengths and compromises of various approaches), a leap of faith and ~$6K5+ was all it took.

Cheers.
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." Shunryo Suzuki

Edits: 03/22/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.