Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Forte has a passive radiator...Klipsch is always doing

something strange...

just ask the people here for a 10-15cm conical 45 degree horn off of the face of the woofer or more...don't put the back edge of mouth across the edge of the woofer like EV 1502er...which is a great, midly horn loaded woofer PA speaker...(great speaker actually 100db/1w real effeciency)

if you go towards the 15cm distance, then the plane of the front edge of the bass horn lines up with where the front of the mid/high horn needs to be to time align the speaker....

I solve this by get good efficient woofer, find time align distance to your mid/high horn (by ear), then build a 45 degree conical woofer horn to match the mid/high horn...this will go down to 80hz or so check with "horn response software"...so you need a subwoofer...tune the ports accordingly...and you have amazing sound...ok...enough for tonight...???

Have Fun, -3db

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Forte has a passive radiator...Klipsch is always doing - Minussss3db 17:39:24 03/19/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.