Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Here is something funny about treble

lol maybe :) on a more serious note ray P,s contribution I second. Briggs did the best r&d on open baffle and his article is essential reading. I plan to drop over and read it again now. Ever since I read it the first time I have been looking for the drivers that where specially designed for these baffles. I have the woofers so far they are awesome. I have used the je lab baffle on and off for fives years with little success even with km30. You need a large or at least very long room for it to work well. In smaller rooms I think open back boxes might be better. I plan to try this soon for my km 30. I have a nice set of sealed boxes I plan to just cut a large slot out of the rear and damp really well. Briggs drives where something really special when used in this baffle how they where meant to be. Unfortunately they are by a lot of comments I have read very unreliable especially at this age.

Interestingly I have seen many variations of warfedales open baffles of that error come up for sale but never seen them documented.

On thing that is important that nobody seems to agree with me is the driver needs to be filtered at the low end so it does over excurt with the smaller baffles.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.