Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Here's where I'm at with PPSLIB...

Scholll.. thanks for the info.

A couple of questions:

Are you saying that cheaper drivers (as long as they have the appropriate specs) will sound just as good as the more expensive woofers? Same question but insert amps. I didn't see any $100 subs at Dayton... the cheapest were $250. The Acoustic Elegance IB15 seem like the top of the class in IB woofers although I don't want to spend anymore than I have to, but... if they sound the best then I'm in.

I also plan on crossing over somewhere sub 70hz. The clearance between floor joist are a hair under 15". Is that too much space? or should I not worry about that and just build the box and opening according to the space that I have? By the way- what exactly is the manifold? Is that the opening?

I was going to place a couple of subs I have on their backs and move them around the room to experiment with placement. The best place from a practical perspective are just in front of the speakers. Any thoughts or advice with placement?

Of all the things I've read, nobody talks about time alignment. I'm thinking that placing them as close as possible to my speakers will address this issue but may not be the best solution for addressing room modes. I'm also thinking that if I put them near the speakers that I may be able to cross them over at higher point which may help with directional issues as you go higher in the registers. I don't want to insert another xover in my system at this point so (for now anyway) I will just be coming in under my current bass which rolls off around 40hz.

Experimenting will be the final judge... but I won't be cutting too many holes in my floor, so just thinking out loud about possibilities.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Here's where I'm at with PPSLIB... - lokie 05:32:01 02/27/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.