Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Would axiom 80s work in OB

I think you could do better for what you have to pay for them on ebay. Unless you pick up a pair cheaper. KM30 would probably beat them for less on ob They have a peak that will annoy you after a while IMHO. though not heard a axiom 80 But I do have a pair of 301's and a few other models. The axiom 80's do work in open baffle. There is a horn plan around for 4? of them a side for theaters.So horn use is a possible way of fixing the low end just cut down the factory plan to a single. If you where going to add another driver there is better alternatives for a lot less money. German radio drivers for eg. They are a great deal more revealing then any Goodman's driver I have heard. What makes the axiom 80 special is that they are a full range using them as a mid driver is sort of is a waste of money. Even a audax 6 inch mid and a horn tweeter will out play a axiom 80 in that application. If you have a pair and want to add value consider a factory spec-ed cabinet with aru. They probably will be at there best full range in a original cab. You wont get any money for a ob when your done with it. The cut down horn idea would be supa original and desirable I would think too. Even if you had to add a sub. Consider these drivers are not supa thin revealing cones. Those are the sort of cones that excel in ob because of the lack of colorations. These will work in reflex or horns well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.