Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Mundorf MSG1--1.00uf 1200v

Thanks John, but I just cannot afford to purchase a pair of the Fostex R100t transformers to go along with the T900a tweeters at this time. Am I understanding you correctly in that you're suggesting I use a Mundorf silver/gold 1.00uf 1200v ---{as seen at the link below}--- to run the FE208ES-R fullrange and cross the T900a in at 20K, while also using a resistor to attenuate the T900a as needed? Or are you suggesting I should use just the cap and allow the T900a to also mechnically crossover as it will, just like the FE208ES-R does?

Listening to Points of View by Nando Lauria.

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata )

Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns
Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
=================================================================================
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with the concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, deceptions, and spoils;
The motions of his spirit are dull as night and his affections dark as Hell. Let no such man be trusted."

- William Shakespeare from The Merchant of Venice; Act V,i

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

Edits: 02/05/12

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mundorf MSG1--1.00uf 1200v - thetubeguy1954 09:45:09 02/04/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.