Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

A couple of points........

Robert said he has bad tinnitus. I doubt he listens to really loud music, based on my experience with friends/acquaintances who also have hearing issues. I have mild tinnitus, so I know what it's like to be over-exposed to loud music at home, and at concerts.

I own Mark Audio drivers (Alpair 6p & 7) and Fostex drivers (FE127, FX120, & FE167) in all sorts of Fonken, Onken, and BR boxes. IMHO, the Alpair drivers are more articulate compared to the Fostex drivers, and convey more music at lower volume levels. I also have a single powered sub (soon to be two) that helps fill in the bass with the smaller drivers.

Two of my amps have approx. 20w/ch. With the Alpair 7's, I can hear the amps running out of power on loud transients. This is right at my loudness tolerance anyway, so not really an issue. With my FX120's, I can drive myself from the room with the same amps. With the FE167's, I can shake the walls.

My listening room is approx. "L" shaped, 17' x 13' x 13' with 8' ceilings.

jeff

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.