Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

re: In the Same Boat

As I posted below, I was in pretty much the same boat as the OP last year after spending 1.5 years with Klipschorns. I upgraded the XOs with Crites', rope calked the mid horn, sealed the cabs to the corner, dampened the tweeter and mid horn, rewired internally, on and on in an attempt to get rid of the 'shout.' Nothing worked. Somes days I loved the speakers, other days I hated them because they were Oh So Close.
One day I was listening to the radio in my car and I thought If only my KHorns were nice and mellow like these car speakers. That's when I decided to change. I ended up with full range single drivers and I have not even come close to regretting selling the KHorns. FRSDs may be for you, maybe not but there are other options besides this type of horn speaker.

My point being that there are a lot of people who really like these speakers (I'm talking Klipsch, maybe horns in general in this price range), but some people don't.
Some of you guys are suggesting horns that I'm not familiar with and I assume cost a lot more than ~ $1K. I guess that's fine if the OP wants to go that route.
Some of you guys are suggesting upgrading to the point that pretty much the cabinet is the only original part of the speakers. Again, it's up to the OP.
My suggestion is sell them and look for something you like. Do not throw good money after bad.
But that's just me.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.