Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

RE: Alternatives to horns

The typical price on Ebay is around $200.00 a pair for the mud drivers and K52, K55 or K61 would all be direct drop in replacement drivers. You can buy the drivers with Ti diaphragms directly off of Klipsch so they can quote you. I bought all my Ti mid diaphragms (made by Klipsch) used from guy who tried them and prefered the phenolic versions) personally I feel there is no contest between the two with the Titanium units bringing a whole new level of performance. I also use high density fiberglass pads behind all my diaphragms tweeters and mids. I like them but you should try for yourself and see what you think. Since you have upgraded horns you can get a set of adapter of who made the horns to fit the ceramic magnets.
I have sets of K52, K55, K61 and original Hepner K52K drivers if you are interested you can PM me. Also I don`t see any reason why the K77 could not be fitted with Titanium diaphragms but it would require modifacation to the butterfly of a pair of Ti diaphragms but the CT125 sounds very good so I have not bothered so far. I hope this is of interest and good luck , I hope that you find what you are after sound wise. Best regards Moray James.
moray james

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Alternatives to horns - moray james 12:09:24 09/08/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.