Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Maybe "ONE" thing is wied out of phase.

I have also moved on from horns at present. But, The better horn speaker systems (compression driver mids on up and front horn loaded cone woofers) that I have designed, constructed, owned and or used were/are stunningly remarkably ALIVE.

I have owned K-Horns that were quite good as well. What you describe sounds as though there is something out of sorts. Like one driver in the system or more wired out of phase.

This can often cause a hyper detailed and focused area that seems quite impressive, but, the rest of the spectrum often suffers as you have described.

I am enjoying the HELL out of designing very, very good Open Baffle speaker systems currently. However, I always keep a more traditional commercially designed and manufactured speaker system on hand to make sure that I don't alow myself to get too carried away with ONE sonically favored aspect of my current project.

Try comparing your horns with another pair of good speakers to hear if your issue is indeed a problem and not a properly functioning speaker that is not to your taste.

Lance A.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Maybe "ONE" thing is wied out of phase. - chopper87@aol.com 09:32:37 09/08/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.